Located at the intersection of N. St Joseph Street and St. Lawrence Street. The square honors the men of Gonzales that fought in the Texas Revolution. The monument (by sculptor Pompeo Coppini) was built in 1910 through the efforts of the Gonzales Chapter of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas.
Gonzales Town tract of 4 square leagues had 49 squares in Inner City. 7 of these squares for public use. This one was for municipal building, but became Plaza. Now called Texas Heroes Square, in honor of all Gonzales men who fought in the Texas Revolution.
State Historical Survey Committee - 1966