Osborne Bragg Robertson, the son of L.B.T. and Rhoda West Robertson, was born in Arkabutta, DeSoto County, Mississippi, November 23, 1861, the ninth of eleven children. When he was fourteen years old, the family moved to Waelder. He was a graduate of Scherrer's Art & Business College in Galveston. On March 30, 1887, Osborne married Susan Miller and they had eight children. Susan, born December 27, 1865, in Hopkinsville, Texas, was the daughter of Robert L. and Sara Hopkins Miller.
Robert came to Texas from Tennessee in 1842 and, in 1860, settled in Hopkinsville, named after Sara's family. Robert and Sara moved to Waelder in 1873 where Robert opened a mercantile store.
Osborne became a partner with his father-in-law in 1887 . According to family sources he opened a drug store in 1889, but soon turned to buying and selling land.
Lots for the house were purchased in 1913 and construction was completed later that year. In early 1914 Osborne moved his family to Gonzales. This magnificent Greek Revival style home features elegant first floor rooms for gracious dining and entertaining. The staircase leads to a large second floor seating area and several large bedrooms which add to the beauty and comfort of the home.