200 block of Saint Louis Street, south side of street
On this site September 29, 1835 the Gonzales Cannon was buried from the 150 Mexican dragoons sent to demand it. Two days later it was mounted on ox-cart wheels, loaded with chains and scrap iron and fired at the Mexican army, the first shot of the revolution. This location was known as George W. Davis Peach Orchard.
Erected by State of Texas - 1936